Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation review, 2N1 Desert Beige swatch + MAC pump

Sunday, August 07, 2016


After hearing so many good things about this foundation, I decided to give it a try. There are so many people raving about this, especially if you have oily or combination skin (me having combination skin). 

I went into my local Boots store and was colour matched (by a very unenthusiastic, robot-like woman), which I totally recommend doing because the woman matched my skin perfectly (I got shade 2N1 Desert Beige) and I would never have chosen the colour I got matched with! Priced at £31 in Boots it seems a waste to spend so much money on a shade that may or may not suit you! After only ever using drug store foundations this was a big investment for me, and I am so glad I did it! It is well worth the money and although I won't use it every day due to the price of repurchasing, I will definitely look forward to wearing this foundation on the day I do choose to wear it! 

It perfectly matte-ified the oily parts of my face but still gave off a little healthy glow that was not too shiny at all! If I didn't moisturise though it sometimes made my face come up in some dry patches, which is why I would say this is not an ideal foundation for dry skin! It lasts ALL day and even after a whole day at work, from 7am until about 8pm that night when I took off my makeup, the foundation had barely budged and didn't look oily by the end of the day like most foundations, it was near enough the same as when I put it on at the start of the day! 

 It is a medium to heavy coverage so one coat gives good coverage but for those break-out days you may need another coat! You do not need much product to cover your face and thus I think is going to last me quite a while! Also it is SPF 10 which I have started to look for in a foundation especially during the summer months!

The only downside to this foundation is that there is no pump, which means it can be tricky to get the product out! However what I have done is I have bought a mac foundation pump which is really cheap to buy which fits on the top of this foundation perfectly! 









You Might Also Like

0 comments