A few days in Brighton

Saturday, July 30, 2016

The Lanes
After visiting Brighton for the night last year with my friend, we decided to visit for a couple more days this year.  I love this town - the colours, the cute little cafe's and shops and having both shops/food places and the beach within walking distance of each other. There is ALWAYS so much going on in this town, no matter what time or day it is! Walking down the beach on a Tuesday night at 11pm there were people in the bars along the beach front, lots of people sat huddled together in the dark all long the beach, and even random people ballroom dancing on the Brighton bandstand with an audience eager to join in and trying to copy them! You will see amazing graffiti art everywhere as you walk through the lanes and the iconic bunting also is just beautiful. As well as all this, having every shop you could wish for all within walking distance and the cutest independent cafe's and shops. Brighton is such a beautiful and unique town and I would totally recommend anyone to visit.



The beach front fairground lit up at night was beautiful 
The Brighton Pavilion
The old pier
The story behind this photo is that Zoella had posted a photo on Instagram in front of this exact same graffiti the evening before this photo was taken, then we came across it.
This is a light shop in the lanes and you can choose your own colours and order of the colours!
The pastel coloured beach huts are my favourite

I kept my makeup and outfits fairly simple over the 3 days - it was the hottest day of the year when we arrived and my makeup would just slip off anyway and needed the comfiest clothes to survive!




FOOD
I feel as though food in Brighton needs it's own section,  Every single thing I ate while in Brighton I loved - and I ate a lot of things!

This cute little restaurant shown below is called 'Burgers and cocktails' - which is exactly what we ate! Had the nicest passion fruit frozen cocktail and a halloumi and houmous burger which was amazing. Also along the beach front there are may ice cream stalls, the mango flavoured ice cream is the best I've ever had!





I wish I had one of these near me, they do THE BEST bagels ever! This is the BLT (and an iced coffee).




We went to The Breakfast Club last year and again this year for breakfast - it is SO SO good and has such a good atmosphere, the decor is so cute!


 Franco Manca uses sourdough for the base of their pizza - which apparently is better for you than normal pizza dough bases. They have an interesting menu, along with the usual Margarita and tomato, many of their pizza's had no tomato sauce on! Even though they ask if you want to add the tomato sauce, I chose not to and my pizza had courgettes and something else that I have forgotten - I was pleasantly surprised and it wasn't dry at all like I had thought. 


There are so many cute cafe's like the one pictured below - the rainbow cake and the cupcakes looked amazing!!! I went for a Biscoff slice which was perfect!


The last food place (I promise) I am going to post is The Creperrie - I had THE best and biggest Nutella and banana crepe of my life and have been craving it ever since!




You Might Also Like

0 comments