Liz Earle Skincare Try-Me Kit for Combination/Oily Skin

Tuesday, November 17, 2015




After hearing nothing but good things from the Liz Earle skincare products range, in particular the hot cloth cleanser, I decided to give it a go. Boots are currently selling a 'try me kit' for combination/oily skin (my skin type) for £26 which includes:

  • Cleanse & polish hot cloth cleanser - 30ml tube
  • Instant boost skin tonic - 50ml bottle
  • Light skin repair moisturiser - 15ml tube
  • Deep cleansing mask - 15ml tube
  • 1 Pure muslin cloth
  • 2 Deep cleansing mask sponges

£26 is amazing value for Liz Earle in my opinion and after trying these I will definitely be adding the full size hot cloth cleanser to my Christmas list!


The hot cloth cleanser is described as having two phases: Phase one is the cleansing stage which involves applying the cream over your face and eyes to remove all make-up and then phase two is the polishing stage involving the pure muslin cloth to wipe over the face to remove dead skin cells.

On the tube it says to use the hot cloth cleanser every day in the morning and the evening, however I think that I would only use this maybe before bed a few times a week. The cloth you are supposed to use with hand hot water so I just run it under the hot tap after rubbing in the cream over my eyes and face until it disappears and then wipe the cloth over my face as if removing the cream. This process leaves my face feeling clean and smooth and the harsh fabric of the cloth feels like it will help my oily skin by removing all the shiny cream whilst still keeping my face moisturised and having an exfoliating-like feeling.

The instant boost skin tonic stung my face a little applying after the hot cloth cleanser and at first the moisturising cream seemed to sit on the surface of my skin. However after leaving it on overnight my face felt very soft an moisturised the next morning. I do not think I could apply this cream in the morning as I think I would find it very hard to apply my make-up on top of this.

I have used the face mask once since buying this kit and did not notice a difference to my face however I don't think I applied enough product onto my face in fear of using the whole tube! Using a little more product may possibly produce better results! 

This little try me kit would be the perfect Christmas gift for a lover of skincare and I would definitely recommend this or the hot cloth cleanser gift set!

Thanks for reading!
Emily :) xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments